Baked yam chips are a lower calorie and more nutritionally dense alternative to fried potato chips. Since they’re naturally sweet, they can be eaten to control cravings for sweets.
- Kitchen mandolin (slicer)
- Convection oven (preferred)
- Half sheet baking tray (18” by 13”)
What our mandolin looks like.
- Yam, bigger the better
- Kosher salt
- Olive in in spray bottle
- Set mandolin to slice mode, ⅛” thickness.
- Start slicing. Should look something like this:
- Oil the pan with 4 ounces of olive oil. Use a paper towel to spread it.
- Sprinkle 2 ounces of kosher salt evenly throughout the pan.
- Place yam slices on the pan. Each slice can overlap another slice by up to an inch.
- Spray olive oil on top of yam chips, as little or much as you want.
- Sprinkle 2 ounces of kosher salt on top of the yams.
- Bake at 200 degrees for an hour.