Alive Juice Bar is expanding, moving to a new location and adding a dance studio and a vintage clothing store. Seeking lead manager — for the juice bar business — who understands human nature, can set tone and contexts, and change people’s attitudes and behaviors. Someone who sees the world for what it is, and not as what he or she prefers it to be. Put simply, someone who isn’t delusional. Help make us better as we adapt to a new environment.
This is America, so most people are delusional, it’s the new normal. Every FBI agent knows this to be true. Some clues that you might be delusional:
* You enjoy sentimental and contrived novels like “Art of Racing in the Rain,” films like “Good Will Hunting.”
* You start sentences with, “I’m NOT angry,” “I’m NOT jealous,” “I’m NOT _____”.
* You frontload on social media, posting to convince yourself that nobody knows the miserable truths about your life that you’d rather not confront and fix.
* You realize that the more you post those fake smiles, the more people see the cracks. But it’s like being addicted to heroin, you can’t stop.
* You mistake your kid’s need for your affirmation as love.
* You think of yourself as a loving person because you feel so much love for everyone
* You stop reading any material that challenges your beliefs and sense of self.
* You love reading anything that affirms and legitimizes your beliefs and sense of self.
* You attend church because you’re insecure and/or frontloading, not because you recognize your own depravity and seek a community that will help you resist temptations.
* You’ve tried to convince people that you love someone you can’t stand.
It’s ok if you’ve committed any of the above. Life is about learning from our mistakes. To apply, take our psychological assessment and social skills test.
Earthquake during math class! Big enough to topple bookshelves. Nobody is hurt, everyone is okay, just jittery. What do you, as teacher, do?
a) Stop class, act jittery and anxious because that’s how you feel.
b) Have students clean up mess and continue class as if nothing happened. Assign double amount of homework and quizzes for rest of the week.
c) Stop class, bring in school psychologist to discuss how everyone is handling the event and “post-traumatic stress disorder.”
Your kid brings home a B on a math test. What do you do?
a) congratulate him for the B
b) bitch slap him for getting a B because B is for Bitch
c) act quietly disappointed
What makes people change?
Why don’t people change?
Efficiency or creativity?
c) Can I pick both?
What do you do when a customer’s kid is throwing things at other customers?
a) Nicely ask customer to stop.
b) Tell customer to get the fuck out
c) Ask customer if she has a big dick as you pour coffee on her crotch.
Some dude is pissed off about something. What should you do to calm him down?
a) Gently and sweetly ask him if there’s anything you can do for him to make him feel better.
b) Act just as pissed off when asking him what the fuck happened. Act even more pissed off after he tells you.
c) Show him your tits if you have some fun ones. If you don’t, make a funny face and tell him a joke.
Fight between a couple. He calls her lazy. How should she respond?
a) I’m not lazy. I do all these things you never see or acknowledge.
b) Why do you think I’m lazy?
c) You’re the one who is lazy. Takes one to know one, asshole.
When you’re angry, what sort of music makes you feel better?
a) Loud angry music
b) Soft, soothing music
c) Funny funky music.
a) Love, Goose, Love
b) Love, Respect, Love
c) Fear, Respect, Love
When was the last time someone called you a bitch or asshole?
a) Last 5 days
b) Past month
How do you feel when someone calls you stupid/lazy/bitch/asshole?
How do you feel when someone compliments you?
b) Confused, uncomfortable, and bewildered
Send resume and cover letter with responses to questions. Boldface response, example:
What’s the best way to get rid of an employee?
a) Fire him
b) Make employee miserable so she quits
c) Trip employee so she breaks her legs.
Perks: Free drinks and food, free dance classes, and a lot of good looking customers.
Shift: 10-6, negotiable
Compensation: Full health benefits after 60 days; 40k-50k per year, when salary plus tips are combined. Salary review every 6 months.